Punakha Dromche festival is a unique festival from others for it has a procession that re-enact the war against Tibetan in the 17th century.
This festival is dedicated to Yeshe Gompo (Mahakala) or Palden Lhamo, the two main protective deities of Bhutanese. Punakha Dromche take place in the first month of the lunar year and ends with ’Serda’, a magnificent procession which re-enacts an episode of the war against the Tibetan in the 17th century.
The religious dances performed during festival are called ’Cham’ and there are a large number of them. Dancers wear spectacular costumes made of yellow silk or rich brocade, often decorated with ornaments of carved bones. These dances are in three categories: Instructive, dances for purification and protection from demonic spirits, and dances that proclaim the victory of Buddhism.
During this tour, besides the visit to celebration of the Punakha Festival, you will also visit up to Phobjikha. You will make through historic monasteries and temples of religious interest and historic places of political significance.
- Government Royalty: USD 65 per Person per Night.
- 2% Government Tax per Person per Night.
- All Meals.
- Daily Mineral Water.
- English Language Speaking Guide.
- Comfortable and Luxurious Imported Cars for Internal Transportation with Skilled Driver.
- Entrance fees for Museums.
- The Government set package rate is valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- Airfare international & Domestic.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal shopping.
- Tips for Guide & Driver.
Cost: US$2000 per person in a group of three or more.
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL IN PARO, BHUTAN
DAY 2 – THIMPHU CITY TOur
DAY 3 – Thimphu to PUNAKHA
DAY 4 – PUNAKHA TO BUMTHANG
DAY 5 – BUMTHANG
DAY 6 – BUMTHANG TO GANGTEY
DAY 7 – GANGTEY TO PARO
DAY 8 – PARO Takshang Hike
DAY 9 – DEPARTure from PARO to next destination
Please contact us for detail itinerary 🙂