The Druk Path Trek is a twelve days event, mixture of six days trekking and six days tours. The six day trek is the most popular trek in the country as it passes through a gorgeous natural landscape of blue pine forests, high ridges and pristine lakes while at the same time offering the opportunity to visit some ancient temples, dzongs and villages. It is also a moderately easy hike to undertake as the distances between rest camps is fairly short. The trail takes you through forests of fir, blue pine and dwarf rhododendrons at altitudes ranging between 2400-4200 m.
On the third day hikers will arrive at Jimiling Lake, whose crystal clear waters are home to big trout. This trek also offers stunning views of Mt. Gangkar Puensum, the highest unscaled peak in the world.
The six days tour will take you to one day hike to Takshang (Tiger’s Nest) in Paro. Also you will visit Thimphu, Punakha and Haa in a day excursion.
- Government Royalty: USD 65 per Person per Night.
- 2% Government Tax per Person per Night.
- All Meals.
- Daily Mineral Water.
- English Language Speaking Guide.
- Comfortable and Luxurious Imported Cars for Internal Transportation with Skilled Driver.
- Entrance fees for Museums.
- The Government set package rate is valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- Airfare international & Domestic.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal shopping.
- Tips for Guide & Driver.
Cost: US$2750 per person in a group of three or more.
DAY 1: ARRIVE AT PARO
DAY 2: TAKSHANG HIKE
DAY 3: PARO – JILI DZONG
DAY 4: JILI DZONG – JANGCHULAKHA
DAY 5: JANGCHULAKHA – JIMELANG TSHO
DAY 6: JIMELANG TSHO – SIMKOTRA TSHO
DAY 7: SIMKOTRA – PHAJODING
DAY 8: PHAJODING – MOTITHANG
DAY 9: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 10: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 11: PARO – HAA (DAY EXCURSION) – PARO
DAY 12: DEPARTURE TO NEXT DESTINATION