Tour of the Dragon takes place on 7th September every year. It’s not a road biking race or a classic mountain bike race, nor is it a gravel grinder, because it doesn’t fit into any of the categories defined by the International Cycling Union. Since the distance of the race is 200+ km, we would categorize it as an ultra-marathon mountain bike race on roads that happen to be extremely challenging.
Tour of the Dragon starts in Bumthang (Saturday, September 7th, 2019, 2:00 AM,) and travels 268 km over 4 mountain passes before finishing in Thimphu town square. It’s one of the toughest one-day mountain bike races in the world.
- Government Royalty: USD 65 per Person per Night.
- 2% Government Tax per Person per Night.
- All Meals.
- Daily Mineral Water.
- English Language Speaking Guide.
- Comfortable and Luxurious Imported Cars for Internal Transportation with Skilled Driver.
- Entrance fees for Museums.
- The Government set package rate is valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- Airfare international & Domestic.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal shopping.
- Tips for Guide & Driver.
Cost: US$2750 per person in a group of three or more.
DAY 1- ARRIVE AT PARO AIRPORT
DAY 2- THIMPHU
DAY 3- THIMPHU – BUMTHANG
DAY 4- BUMTHANG
DAY 5- BUMTHANG – SHORT EXCURSION
DAY 6- BUMTHANG – REGISTRATION VALIDATION & PREPARTION
DAY 7- BUMTHANG – THIMPHU (BIKE RACE)
DAY 8- THIMPHU – REST
DAY 9- THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
DAY 10- THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 11- HIKE TO TAKSHANG
DAY 12- DEPARTURE